Saturday, February 14, 2015

Ego



Today I write about ego. This has been perplexing me for a few days now. I've been writing about it, doing research and I still don't understand the complexities of ego, at least from a human, intellectual standpoint I don't. The spiritual literature makes sense. Here is an excerpt from Alice Bailey:

When I use the term "reciprocal vibration," what do I mean? I mean the adaptation of the Personality or Lower Self, to the Ego, or Higher Self, the dominating of the Personality ray by the ray of the Ego and the combining of their tones. I mean the blending of the primary color of the Higher Self with the secondary hue of the Lower Self until beauty is achieved. At first, there is dissonance and discord, a clashing of the colors, and a fight between the Higher and the Lower. But as time progresses, and later with the aid of the Master, harmony of color and tone is produced (a synonymous matter), until eventually you will have the basic note of matter, the major third of the aligned Personality, the dominant fifth of the Ego, followed by the full chord of the Monad or Spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment